One Fine Day at the Manila Chinatown
We have been planning to visit and explore Chinatown with my friends since forever, and finally we got the chance to do it on our last day in university! Although the weather almost stopped us from pursuing our plans, we chose to ignore the rain showers and braved the streets of Manila nonetheless and boy, we are not disappointed!!
First Stop: Sincerity Restaurant
Here are the favorite dishes from all that we’ve ordered. Their chicken is to die for, I can attest to that! I am satisfied with the dishes that they offer, and all of it are in a very reasonable price which is really good for people on the budget.
After a very satisfying late lunch at Sincerity we continued our adventure along the streets of Binondo. Not passing up the opportunity to buy some legit goodies at Eng Bee Tin although I wasn’t able to find what I’m actually looking for but its okay the Custard Hopia made up for it. ;)
It is tradition that upon visiting a new place, one should not miss to visit the church in the area thus the quick stopover at Binondo Church. I must say, it is a sight to behold.
Saying our prayers of thanksgiving for the best 4 years in UST.
Second Stop: Wai Ying Fastfood
I immensely enjoyed our stay here in Wai Ying, their food is definitely the best! Plus the prices are quite reasonable, very fitting to the quality of the food they serve. Their Hakaw Dimsum is a must-try, it is now my favorite dimsum of all time. I will surely come back to try out more of their dishes in the near future!
And here my friends, are the obligatory selfies/group photos et. al. These barely covered the fun that I felt that special day. I am truly grateful for my friends, they are my source of strength and happiness throughout my university life. I couldn’t ask for anything more in my life they make it perfect. <3
Disclaimer: Some photos grabbed from my friends (Kc, Chanelle and Joan), all credits go to them.
Spring/Summer Must-Haves x Outfit Ideas
We have to accept it, sweater days are over and whether you are from the western side of the world getting ready for Spring or like us here in the Philippines getting ready for Summer it is time to get our wardrobes ready!
In the spirit of the coming season, here’s a few of my Spring/Summer Must-Haves plus outfit ideas. :-)
- Bikinis and a beach-ready body if you may. ;)
- Beach Bag, the print says it all.
- Bright and Pastel Nail Colors that definitely screams Spring and Summer!
- Summer Scent that is fresh, floral-y and long-lasting!
- Pair of Rubber Flip-Flops perfect for your beach trips.
- Lip Balm to keep your lips kissable and moisturized despite the heat
- Lip Gloss/Lip Stain for that gorg pop of color to your pouty lips.
- Matte Powder to keep you from shining and shimmering under the sun
- Sunnies for protecting your eyes and of course it makes a fab fashion statement
- Summer Hat if you’re feeling all glam in the beach plus it protects your hair too!
- Beach Towel need I say more?
- Sun Block of course, because you don’t want to tan yourself without protection right?
That’s about it for my essentials and must-haves, now let’s go for outfit ideas because you are definitely not going to be at the beach all summer long right?
So here’s how I basically like to dress up during the summer season:
Outfit no.1: Girly yet comfy, perfect for those casual day-outs with family, girlfriends or boyfriend.
Outfit no.2: It is a little bit formal but still feels summer-y. The dress is gorgeous on its own, you can dress it up with that pair of ankle booties perfect for date nights or dress it down the way you want to.
Outfit no. 3: Casual and laid back perfect for days when you have errands to run and what nots.
That’s it for my Spring/Summer Must-Haves. I hope you loved it!
Connect with me:
What’s inside my BAG(s)?
Today, I’m going to share to you two of my most used bags and let you sneak in on my little essentials or what I like and usually bring with me whenever I dash out the door; one is my everyday, school bag and the other is my casual, date bag.
I don’t know what is it for us girls, but whether you admit it our not we love peeking into each other’s bags or at least I do!! And since my last ‘What’s in my BAG?’ post is almost a year ago and in my previous blog at that, I think an updated one is in order.
I got this bag last Christmas from my boyfriend and I’m absolutely in love with it. I know it’s nothing fancy and all but I really love this types of bag — functional and spacious. I love how it has a short handle which I could just hang on my elbows and a long strap which I could use as a cross body. The inside of the bag is spacious enough to let me carry all my school stuffs and even a laptop when necessary. This makes this bag perfect not to mention its color goes with almost any outfit,too!
Since it is practically my last week in university, my bag isn’t quite packed. Here’s a preview of what I carry on ‘chill days’ as I would like to call it:
- Umbrella - Totally a must-have!
- Pens and Journal Notebook - Because I’m a student, although I rather use that notebook for my random thoughts and what nots than on my notes. In my defense, there is always a powerpoint presentation that I can print. Hah.
- H&M Lip Butter - For some reason, my lips are always chapped!
- Avon Ideal Luminous Dual Foundation Powder - Every girl’s must-have.
- Maybelline Matt1 - My current go-to lipstick.
- A random pink lip gloss - In times when wearing lipstick is not an option
- Victoria’s Secret Love Spell - Current scent
- Old Samsung Phone - (no comment)
- iPod touch 4 - My baby. <3
- Pink rosary from Manaoag, Pangasinan - I always have this with me wherever I go.
- Lego Speakers - For boring moments in between classes
- Anna Sui Coin Purse - I am not a fan of bulky wallets, enough said.
- iPod earphones - Need I say more?
And yes, I just throw all of these stuff inside my bag. Hehe
CASUAL, DATE BAG
This bag is my Mom’s way back her teenage years, so yes it is a vintage and I’m in love with it! I like using this bag on weekends whenever I have errands to do, date with my boyfriend or anytime that I just don’t feel like bringing anything. Its big enough to carry only the essentials that I would need that’s why I love carrying it around. It’s quite classy,too! Makes me feel like Carrie Bradshaw with my own bag from my mom. :-)
Basically, I carry the same thing with only a few changes:
- Round Sunnies
- Avon Oil-Control Powder
So that’s it for what’s inside my bag(s)! I hope you enjoyed it!
How about you? What’s inside your bag? ;)
Graduation Dress Inspirations
Graduation countdown starts now! Although I feel all sorts of emotion with just the thought of finally finishing university, I have to admit that I am excited about picking the perfect graduation dress for the epic moment!
Today my eldest brother and I did some rundown over the world wide web for the occasion’s dress ideas and inspiration. Since he is my financier (lol), he definitely has a say on whatever dress I’m wearing on my march, but I don’t mind really; my brother has excellent taste, I don’t know if you still can’t tell with these inspiration board we’ve come up with. Haha!
I want to keep it simple yet elegant and formal since the occasion calls for it. I really hope I could find something like these, luckily I still have a lot of time to scout the malls in Metro Manila. Lol.
Which of the three outfits are your favorite? ;)